Global solution for eco-friendly products. A green company based in Indonesia offers full range of biodegradable and compostable packaging, made of natural and renewable resources like cassava starch, corn starch, sugar cane fibers, birch wood, and many others. The Avani Eco clients are Heineken, Virgin, Hyatt, Marriott, Barneys New York, and many others.
Avani Eco Hub, a social enterprise established in Denpasar, Bali Island – producing 100% biodegradable and compostable, FSC certified food packaging range. The Avani product waste will degrade and compost in less than 180 days, which all will become safe food for the soil, animals, and some for us.
Avani encouraging the term ‘Responsible’ as a core driving value of the preceding three key factors; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
The Avani company was founded by Balinese entrepreneur Kevin Kumala in 2014 through his study in biological sciences. In 2013, Kumala decided to retro-engineer the commercialized petroleum-based products by replacing it with bio-plastic polymer together with his R&D team. Watch Kumala drinking his own plastic bag in TEDx Talks:
The Avani’s category products are cassava bag, straw, bagasse, PLA, bio-poncho, paper, and many others.
The Avani product categories in detail:…
1. CASSAVA BAG range: Laundry/Garbage Bag & T-Shirt Bag – specific type of the bio-cassava bag that is natural, compostable, biodegradable, and became non-toxic plastic which is strong enough to carry the rubbish — Griphole & Polybag – specific type of the bio-cassava bag which is consumable, compostable, and food for the soil.
2. STRAW Range: Paper Wrap Straw & Paper Straw – sourced from well managed forest (FSC certified) and lined up with vegetable wax to make it more durable — PLA Straw – made from poly lactic acid (PLA) or commonly known as cornstarch, paper straw.
3. BAGASSE range: Edge Plate With Compartments Rectangular Tray — 5 Compartments & Lid — Clamp 3 Conpartments — Square & Rectangle Food Box — Edge Plate 9 inch Bowl — Rectangle 2 Compartments. All Avani’s food box is made from bagasse, the dry fibrous residue left of sugarcane. Through our technology we have been able to turn waste into worth. Plus it take less energy to make and produce fewer carbon emission.
4. Bio Poncho: lightweight and windproof. It is made from corn, soy, and sunflower seeds, Avani Bio-poncho is fully biodegradable and compostable within 180 days even in your own backyard.
5. PLA range: Cutlery — PLA Saucer & Lid — PLA Bowl & Cup — Stirrer —Dome & Flat Lid. Avani provides eco products made from polylactic acid (PLA) or corn starch. Made from this renewable resource, Avani PLA products gives off no toxic chemicals associated with conventional plastic and in addition they have been certified compostable in commercial composting facility.
6. PAPER range: Coffee Cup & Bowl Lid – made from renewable resource polylactic acid (PLA) or corn starch. Avani PLA products with no toxic chemicals associated with conventional plastic and have been certified compostable in commercial composting facility — Soupe Gelato Bowl and White & Brown Coffee Cup: Coming from sustainably managed forest (FSC certified) and lined with cornstarch lining to avoid leaking. Together this whole system becomes compostable.
This page has been updated.
1 update – on August 6th, 2020: Title has been changed from “I Am Not Plastic” into “Compostable Food Packaging”. #iamnotplastic is the Avani Eco hashtag. But the complete range of Avani Eco’s compostable products is not only plastic range.